- Which should I choose, a local number or toll-free?
- How does toll-free texting work?
- How is toll-free texting different than short code and long code texting?
- Can I keep my existing 800 number?
- Can I send MMS from my toll-free number?
- How much does it cost to get a toll-free number?
1. Which should I choose, a local number or toll-free?
With carrier requirements increasing industry-wide, local numbers have now become the preferred messaging method for for all business users. Unfortunately, the registration process for toll-free numbers currently has a backlog of several weeks, during which little to none of your traffic may be delivered, while the process for local numbers, known as 10DLC, can be completed for most new customers within a few business days.
As a result, we strongly recommend all new and existing customers use local numbers whenever possible.
2. How does toll-free texting work?
Toll-free texting is just like regular texting, except the texts comes from an 800 number. Your toll-free number can be your main SendHub number to send and receive texts and calls. If you would like to use a local number and have the ability to toggle on toll-free as-needed, we can also help set that up for you. In either case, you will need to be on a plan that includes toll-free pricing. Talk to our sales team today by calling 844-SENDHUB and pressing 1 for sales, or reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. How is toll-free texting different than short code and long code texting?
While toll-free numbers and long codes are 10-digit numbers, short codes are 5-6 digit numbers. Toll-free numbers are often preferred over short codes because you can guarantee responses. While short codes can be good for mass texting campaigns, they cannot receive phone calls and cost over $10,000 in annual carrier fees.
4. Can I keep my existing 800 number?
Yes, if you have a toll-free number with another provider our support team can help with porting the number in to SendHub.
5. Can I send MMS from my toll-free number?
Yes, you can now send MMS from a toll-free number. Contact SendHub Sales today to upgrade to a plan that includes our toll-free numbers and MMS. Please know that not all toll-free numbers are created equally. If you want to send MMS over a toll-free line, please be sure to tell your sales representative that you need a toll-free number.
6. How much does it cost to get a toll-free number?
The cost of your plan depends on the amount of messages included in your plan. Call 844-990-4400 and press 1 to talk to Sales about a plan today. You can also email sales at email@example.com.