When you apply for a 10DLC (10-digit long code), first you will need to work with SendHub to register your brand. Once your brand is registered, we can register your 10DLC Campaign use cases. We will be required to submit your use cases to TCR (The Campaign Registry). TCR considers a "Campaign" to be a use case and each Campaign must registered separately.
According to the TCR, "Standard Use Cases are immediately available for all qualified registered Brands and do not require Vetting or pre/post approval by MNOs." Special Use Cases are sensitive or critical in nature and may require Vetting or pre/post registration approval by MNOs" (Mobile Network Operators or specific downstream carriers). We're still trying to gather more information about who would need vetting. At this point, we know Federal Political Campaigns will be required to go through additional vetting requiring an additional fee.
Below are the following definitions of use cases provided by the TCR.
|USE CASE (AKA CAMPAIGN):||DESCRIPTION FROM TCR:|
|2FA (Two Factor Authentication)||Any authentication, verification, or one-time passcode|
|Account Notifications||Standard notifications for account holders, relating to and being about an account|
|Customer Care||All customer interaction, including account management and customer support|
|Delivery Notifications||Information about the status of the delivery of a product or service|
|Fraud Alert Messaging||Messaging regarding potential fraudulent activity on an account|
|Higher Education||Campaigns created on behalf of Colleges or Universities. It also includes School Districts and education institutions that fall outside of any "free to the consumer" messaging model|
|Low Volume Mixed||Small throughput, any combination of use-cases. Examples include: test, demo accounts.|
|Marketing||Any communication with marketing and/or promotional content|
|Mixed||Any undeclared combination of use-cases|
|Polling and voting||Requests for surveys and voting for non political arenas|
|Public Service Announcement||An informational message that is meant to raise the audience's awareness about an important issue|
|Security Alert||A notification that the security of a system, either software or hardware, has been compromised in some way and there is an action you need to take|
|Agents and Franchises||Agents; franchises; local branches Post-registration approval by MNO is required for this Use Case|
While the table above is provided by TCR, SendHub is actively looking to gain more insights on these defined use cases. We hope to be able to provide more information about the following use cases listed and defined by TCR below:.
- Emergency messages are defined by TCR as: "support public safety / health during natural disasters, armed conflicts, pandemics and other national or regional emergencies."
- Political Campaign messages are defined by TCR as: "Part of organized effort to influence decision making of specific groups. All campaigns to be verified. Only federal campaigns."
- Social Messages are defined by TCR as: "Communication within or between closed communities. (For example: influencers' alerts)."
- Conversational Messages are defined by TCR as: "Peer-to-peer app-based group messaging with proxy/pooled numbers. Supporting personalized services and non-exposure of personal numbers for enterprise or A2P communications."
- Charity related messages are defined by TCR as "Communications from a registered charity aimed at providing help and raising money for those in need. Includes: 5013C Charity. Does not include: Religious organizations."
- Sweepstakes related messages are define by TCR as, "All sweepstakes messaging."
Please contact email@example.com right away if you would like to move forward with 10DLC. If you want to continue sending messages from your local number, you need to move to 10DLC right away.