Two Ways To Add Your Contacts to a Group:
- Manually adding Contacts to a group
- Enabling "Text to join" and sharing the Group's keyword
To manually add Contacts to a Group
There are two ways to add contacts to a group:
Add People from the Contacts Section
- Add People from the Groups Section
To add people to Groups from the Contacts tab:
- Navigate to your Contact list by clicking “Contacts” in the menu on the left side of the screen
- Select the contacts you’d like to add to the group by checking the box next to their names
- Once you’ve selected all the contacts you’d like to add, click the “Add To Group” button and select the relevant group name from the drop-down menu that appears.
To add people to Groups from the Groups tab:
- Navigate to the Group tab and click the Group's name in the list of Groups
- Click the "Add Contacts To Group Button" next to the Group's name. A pop-up with your contact list will appear
- Select the contacts you want to add to the Group by clicking the checkboxes next to their names
- Once you've selected all the contacts you want to add, click the "Add to Group" button
Using "text to join" to add people to a Group
Create and market a text-to-join keyword and watch your list grow. When the "Text to Join" setting is enabled in your Group's settings, anyone can join your group simply by sending a text message with the Group's keyword to your SendHub phone number.
Be sure to keep your keywords short and to the point to make it easier for your recipients to opt in to your groups.
Whenever someone sends a text message with the keyword you've selected and then confirms that they want to receive texts from you, SendHub will automatically add them to that group.
You can do this by creating a custom keyword for your group:
Once you've created a custom group keyword, anyone texting the keyword to your SendHub number will automatically be added to that group. This is great for promoting your business and gathering contacts easily.